Tuesday, October 4, 2011

My Attraction to the Tree of Life

I have created many versions of the Tree of Life over the years, and keep going back to it again and again in my painting. It's importance to me in my art has been strong because it's philosophy represents the connectedness of all living things, and that we are all related.

The Tree of Life has had symbolism in many cultures and religions; Norse mythology, India, Judaism,Turkic Mythology,Buddhism, Baha'i Faith, Chinese mythology, Christianity,  and Egyptian culture.

It  represents our human connection with the physical world of nature, the connection of the heavens and the underworld, the connection of good and evil, and the cycle of life. It's vast symbolism encompassed in the Tree is simple yet complex.

My attraction reminds me always, that there is something bigger than myself, a complex woven system that ties us all together.
The Source, an Original Painting by Jeanne Fry
"Love Hangs On", an original painting by Jeanne Fry
My "Love Hangs On" painting is available in my Artfire Studio here
Love Hangs On Painting available on Artfire
Meditation Tree and Original Painting by Jeanne Fry
Prints available at
The original of this painting is not available any longer, but prints are here
http://fineartamerica.com/featured/meditation-tree-jean-fry.html

Fantastical Tree of Life by Jeanne Fry
The original of the "Fantastical Tree of Life" is not available any longer, but prints and greeting cards of it are available here in my Fine Art America shop
http://fineartamerica.com/featured/fantastical-tree-of-life-jean-fry.html









1 comment:

Misty said...

These are beautiful!! I met you this weekend at the Art on Main and I am glad I did your art is very touching. Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...