Thursday, March 1, 2012

Her Tree of Life and the Symbolism Original Painting by Jeanne Fry


If you are familiar with my artwork, you know of my attraction to the Tree of Life, and may have seen some of my latter paintings of it. Recently I began another Tree of Life, but this time wanted to tie in the influence of the Divine Feminine and was very pleased with the result.

"Her Tree of Life" Original Folk Art Painting by Jeanne Fry
I worked with the new Golden Acrylics "Uncommon Blues" paints, wanting to bring in a feeling of serenity, healing, and spirituality. Viewing it now in completion, the shades of blue almost give it an "otherworldly" feel, which I appreciate.

I painted the Divine Feminine into the trunk of the tree with her hair as branches wrapping around it's base. Her eye is represented as a blue bird, for happiness, and it is as if she is looking through the eye of the bird.

Close up view of "Her Tree of Life" by Jeanne Fry
Another silhouette of the goddess face can be found among the tree branches. Three small blue birds are stop their perches gazing at the tree, and one more who will make his home there.


The Original Painting of "Her Tree of Life" is available for sale in my Etsy Shop here:


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...