Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Original Paintings vs. Art Prints Contemporary Folk Art by Jeanne Fry

For the longest time collectors continued to ask me if I had prints available of my paintings. Over the years I had only offered my original works and did not venture into reproducing it, but when the economy slowed down a few years ago I knew that things had to change to meet the need. At first I tried painting smaller works at lower prices, and while that did seem to help at the same time it was not offering me the time I would like to spend on larger pieces. This past year I was able to find a local printer who does a very nice quality laser print, allowing  me to offer art prints at an affordable price. Over time I have been growing that inventory, adding more of my previous paintings into the arena. Most times I do not offer a print until the original has sold, but if the painting is very popular and desired I have occasionally offered it as a print sooner.

I do not frame the prints, leaving that to the collector, so that they can choose their own frame to blend with their decor. I place them on xboard or back mat, sign and title the backs, and them insert them in a plastic sleeve to protect them during shipping.

I feel that this has been a better solution, as now I have been able to spend more time and inspired to work on my larger pieces which are still desired by those who want my originals. 
Thank you to all of those who support my art.
To see the collection of available Art Prints you can see find them in our Artfire Shop here

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...