Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Faith Hope and Charity Symbolism of the Saints in Folk Art

My interpretation of Faith, Hope & Charity is one of the most important and endearing paintings I have created in my career as an artist. At the age of four I was in the hospital for major surgery. This was a very prevalent time in my life, a time in which I had my first very spiritual moment. Of course at the time I didn't realize that... when you are young everything is magical. Those were the times when our  hearts were pure and filled with love, undamaged from hurts and events. Those were the times when we felt that anything was possible and that each little thing we would see and touch was miraculous.
Faith Hope & Charity, Contemporary Folk Art by Jeanne Fry

After my surgery I felt the presence of an angel beside me, watching over, and I knew even being so young that everything was going to be okay. I knew that I was not alone and even on a dark day, I was loved. 
During that hospital stay, a stranger had gifted me....a gift that I still have to this day. It was a painting of Faith, Hope, & Charity. I knew that it was special and treasured that painting. Throughout my life, as things get lost, thrown out, or given away...that painting has always stayed with me. And when things in life creep up on me and consume me with fear, for some reason that painting will briefly pop into my mind, reminding me..that I am loved, cared for, watched over, and that everything will work out.
Recently these three spiritual beings have been on my mind a great deal. I knew one evening that I needed to paint them as I see them, and in doing so feel a greater connection with them. Once I began painting I did not stop until I was finished, so as not to lose the connectedness of their love, knowing that these three saints may bring the same level of comfort to someone else.
I am grateful for the opportunity to share them with you and their story. If you would like to learn more about the painting, or adopt it, you can find it in our Artfire Shop here
Faith Hope and Charity Folk Art Painting on Artfire

It is also available as an Art Print in our Fine Art America online shop. There you can order it as a print, matted and framed, on canvas, on metal, or as a greeting card.
Faith Hope and Charity Art Print on Fine Art America

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...