Sunday, October 21, 2012

Our Roots Go Deep and Tree Symbolism

Once again I find my spirit being drawn back to the tree who's symbolism is so powerful in my life. I have written and painted many versions of trees, their silhouettes, and the Tree of Life, each time I suppose to recreate my connection with them. In doing so I am reaffirming my honor for what they mean to me. On an immediate level they speak to me of Longevity, their strength in years, their presence on this Earth. Because of their symbolism of Time, it makes me pause and think of their presence through change, watching their environment evolve around them continually yet they continue on their path, every growing and striving for the skies. On a human level I guess it makes me yearn for that ability to diligently stay on my own course through the plethora of bright and stormy days, untouched by the actions of others or the terms of life.
Our Roots Go Deep Folk Art Painting by Jeanne Fry
Lastly, their symbolism for History inspires me. All that they have seen and endured, making them the beings they are today.
The quote by Kim Novak comes to mind..."Just touching that old tree was truly moving to me because when you touch these trees, you have such a sense of the passage of time, of history. It's like you're touching the essence, the very substance of life."
Tree Symbolism Painting by Jeanne Fry
Thank you for once again allowing me to share how important the Tree and it's symbolism are to me.
If you are interested in this painting you can find it here in my Etsy shop:
Our Roots Go Deep Original Painting on Etsy

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...