Sunday, April 1, 2012

Emerging of Greenwoman


With the arrival of Spring, and my personal journey of healing and peace within, I have been spending considerable time outdoors in our woods and forests. Always carrying a camera or a sketchbook, inspiration fills me after my walks, and that is where my most recent painting of Greenwoman came.

Greenwoman Original Folk Art Painting by Jeanne Fry

Masks and Wings have become prevalent in my artwork these past few months, and so this is a first in a new series I am creating. I am attracted to the concept of the masks and wings, maybe because they are tools.....tools to take us to another place...tools to take us Within. They allow us to go where we want to go, be seen when we want to be seen, and free us to be who we are.

Greenwoman has always been special to me, representing to me a woman's connection with the Earth.

The original painting of Greenwoman is available for sale in my Etsy shop here
Greenwoman Original Painting on Etsy

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...